Friday, 3 July 2015

Beauty // My Charlotte Tilbury Makeup


Charlotte Tilbury has fast become one of my favourite beauty brands since it's release in September 2013. I'm always drawn into watching Charlottes YouTube videos which show how to create different make up looks and I love her step-by-step demonstrations on how best to use each of her products.
I found that I'd built up quite a little collection from the line so here's an introduction to my Charlotte Tilbury items :)

Lips: The first piece I bought from the range is the K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Love Bite, a gorgeous bright pillar box red with a satin finish. I use this along with the Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Kiss'n'Tell for a defined red pout which looks really striking against my pale skin tone.
I love that the lipsticks are so pigmented and the formula is very moisturising, and the lip liners are really creamy and long lasting.

I have since bought the lipstick in the shade Confession which is a suits all nude/pink tone and this along with the the Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillow Talk is my favourite lip duo at the moment. I think these work so well together to create a natural yet chic and modern look and it's this pair I'm wearing when I've been sporting a nude lip in my recent outfit posts.
To up the ante for an evening out I layer the Lip Lustre in Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds over the top for a more glamorous look. I'm not usually one for lip gloss but I find this works to add more of a subtle shine and slight shimmer to the lips rather than an in your face sticky gloss! It feels really comfortable on the lips and this particular shade has the most beautiful rose champagne tone to it. As if that's not enough: it smells of marshmallows! 

Eyes: I have fallen in love with all of the luxurious eye palettes but I plumped for the Fallen Angel quad after I saw how Charlotte used it took create her 'Supermodel' look. The shades are great for creating that perfect smoky eye, not to mention: how dreamy is the packaging?!

The Full Fat Lashes Mascara is one of the best mascaras I've used. The formula is really buildable to create lush long and separated lashes. I have tried mascaras from Clinique and Estee Lauder that are just as good but this is another great high end option. 

The Rock'n'Kohl eyeliner pencil in Bedroom Black works wonders for a graphic liner look that stays put but its gel like consistency also makes it really blendable if you wanted to create a more smudgy lived in liner look a la Kate Moss. If you were to take only a few makeup pieces to a festival this Summer this would have to be one of them!

Cheeks: The Cheek to Chic Blushers each feature 2 complementing shades designed to work together using Charlottes swish and pop technique where you 'swish' the outer shade along the cheekbone and 'pop' the colour of the inner shade onto the apple of the cheek for a healthy natural flush of colour. This shade Sex on Fire is so sophisticated compared to my usual bright pink ultra girly blushers and it's the perfect pairing to a nude lip.

Have you tried anything from Charlotte Tilbury? What other products from the brand do I just have to try?


SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Gorgeous makeup collection, it all looks lovely <3 p.s. I LOVE your makeup bag!!

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I desparetly want to try a charlotte tilbury quad, they are all so gorgeous!

    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice!

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, Charlotte Tilbury looks amazing, I really want to try it out, wish we had it here in my country!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. The packaging is to die-for,really want to try out this brand x
    We are newbie bloggers,check us out at ohmyvalentino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous collection! You know I've been obsessed with CT lately, so loved looking through this! Pretty sure I'm going to need Love Bite and Sex on Fire :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. liking you I am following you're beautiful.. Canım Sohbet arkadaşlar gelin bakın bakalım ne var :) Gülüm Sohbet - Sohbet Net Chat Sohbet Siteleri arkadaşlık sitesi... Yazgülü

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for all your comments! I read every single one of them :)

© AZTEC DOLL. All rights reserved.
Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig