Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Topshop Sand Shorts Suit


shorts and jacket: both topshop (jacket currently out of stock online but I only just bought it in store!)
shirt: old, similar here
shoes: dr martens (old, similar here)
sunglasses: ray ban

If you ask any of my friends or family which is my favourite store they would undoubtedly say Topshop, and they would be spot on. It has been my go to brand for as long as I can remember, whether it be for a last minute outfit to wear on a night out or to stock up on the basics. I would say about 70% of my wardrobe is from good ol' Toppers and I am constantly browsing the 'new in' section online (and loving everything)!

As it was my birthday at the end of last month I was more than grateful to receive quite a few Topshop gift cards as presents from my family and I was lucky enough to treat myself to this gorgeous sand coloured shorts suit :)
I must say that this is one of my most favourite outfits I've worn all year which is so weird as I feel like it's so not my usual style! I feel like this kind of minimal look with a neutral colour palette/sophisticated tailored pieces . . . that kinda thing . . . is a style that's become so on trend the past year or so and it's a style I've admired on the catwalks, advertising campaigns and other blogs, yet I wasn't sure if it was very 'me'. I think my personal style is usually more playful and has lots going on so this outfit feels very 'grown up' for me! I still don't know if I will continue to work with this type of look in the long term but what the heck, fashion wouldn't be fashion if nobody stepped out of their comfort zone every once in a while eh?

The quality of this suit is beautiful, it's made from such a lovely thick material and it's classy and cool at the same time - I can't wait to start styling it in different ways! I think it would look great dressed up with some heels and a statement necklace for an evening out for dinner and cocktails, but I also like how it can be worn as more of a casual look with flats and minimal makeup like how I've styled it here :) It couldn't be more perfect for Spring/Summer. Each of the pieces could also work well worn as separates - the jacket with a pair of jeans for example. It would also be a really cool option to wear to a wedding as an alternative to a dress.
I'm totally in love with my new suit! *explains the picture overload*

Are you a Topshop mega-fan? Do you like this type of look?


SHARE:

22 comments

  1. You look gorgeous, such a stylish outfit! :)

    I have a new post on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look! You look so chic, especially loving the shoes! I am a big Topshop fan too, I thought everyone was?!

    www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not that big a fan of topshop :( i find their sizes a bit off on me! i really wish they weren't cause your outfit is delish!

    Aine Oh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously loving this look! That short suit is just divine! OMG! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you're gorgeous and I love this outfit!

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. these photos are amazing and i love your blog!! so happy i found it :) xx

    cat / je suis cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love this minimal look too! The beige suit also complements your hair colour beautifully :)

    M + K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice:) xx
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/
    Giveaway on my blog here -> http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/2015/05/giveaway-with-znu.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the menswear inspiration here- an ultra cool look! You look great! ox

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look really clean and classy <3 Great job! And BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    BCfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! flawless

    deanswolves.com

    deanswolves.com

    deanswolves.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, you look amazing!! suits you so much xo

    thewatercolourjar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've gone off topshop in recent years, I think it's over priced now. That short set is really cute though
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love shorts and I love suits so this outfit is a dream! Love how you've styled it too.

    Faye x
    i wish i could wink

    ReplyDelete
  15. That purse is so unique I love it! Also really love how classy this whole outfit looks on you!

    Diana xo | My Lovelier Days

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a gorgeous look - absolutely beautiful! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really love this look, your hair is so pretty :)

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, your hair is really awesome! And I love the masculine style of your outfit :)

    Have an awesome day!
    Anna x
    Pattern Of Taste | Our Youtube channel

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look amazing, love this matching suit :)

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look so cool! I absolutely adore your outfit, the nude beige masculine-esque suit looks incredible! Your bag is so cute, the script is so nice <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  21. Don't you look lovely and sophisticated!

    Laura / www.smileatstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for all your comments! I read every single one of them :)

© AZTEC DOLL. All rights reserved.
Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig