Thursday, 2 April 2015

Current Hair Routine: The Washing


I have seriously upped my amount of haircare in recent months as my hair had been snapping off which is sooo annoying as I have a few short bits now and I like my hair long and one length :( It kinda looks like I've had some layers put in but no . . . it's just broken! I've always been lucky to be so low maintenance with my hair up until a few months ago, able to leave long periods between washing it . . . or brushing it . . . ha, and not really worry about which products to use! I don't know whether it's because I have to wear a it in a tight bun for work now or whether 10 years of dying it blonde has finally taken it's toll but I feel like it reached the worst condition it had ever been so I had to take action in the form of some lovely products . . .

The hairdresser recommended a strengthening shampoo and conditioner and said the Paul Mitchell Super Strong Daily Shampoo and matching Super Strong Daily Conditioner would be a good option so I bought those along with the Liquid Treatment from the same range, which is a leave-in conditioning spray that I spritz through my hair after washing, particularly focusing on the ends and any damaged areas. My verdict is this range is literally so good! I'm on my second bottle of the shampoo now as I go through that the quickest but I will continue to buy the other products aswell as I do feel like they have helped to strengthen my hair, and I've noticed a lot less stray bits of hair coming out during washing and brushing it. They all work so well together to detangle my hair too - my hair has always been knotty to the point where it can just rip out when I brush it but now if my hair's knotty I can just wash it using these and then I'm able to get through my hair with my beloved tangle teezer with so much ease! I'm finding this range a miracle worker for my hair at the moment :)

Another product I have to rave about is the Tigi S-Factor Serious Conditioner which is a hair mask I layer onto the ends of my wet hair after shampooing . . . watch YouTube vids for about 20mins while I let it soak in (probs not necessary for that long but I just like to make sure I give it chance to work!) then rinse out leaving the silkiest softest hair ever - and it feels mega strong too! Ideally I'd use this once a week as a deep conditioning treatment but I'm quite lazy when it comes to waiting around/my hair in general so it ends up being about every 3 weeks. However when I do use it my hair feels like it's in the best condition!

Finally the Schwarzkopf Colour Freeze Silver Shampoo is the product I turn to each time I dye my hair to transform it from a warm toned yellow blonde to more of a cool toned white blonde. I only use it once a few days after each time I dye my hair (which is every 3 months) as I find this is all I need to get the my hair the shade I want. I've tried quite a few of these purple/silver shampoos over the years, using offerings from Fudge and Joico, but this Schwarzkopf one definitely gives the most intense results to the point where the really blonde bits of my hair sometimes turn lilac, but I just wash it with my regular shampoo straight after and that works for me to get rid of any purple bits and give the desired result. I do panic every time that happens actually (accidentally tinting my hair blue the night before my wedding was a particular highlight using this!) but it turns out how I want it in the end!


What products do you rely on for split ends, damaged or coloured hair?

*Keep a look out for my favourite hair styling products in my next post*

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. So cool review, thanks! I use L'Occitane products for hair ;)

    WWW.LIAKW.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, what's up, you alright..?
    Great post hun, thanks for sharing.

    Visit me whenever you have time;
    www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    Kisses, i hope you have an amazing easter. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice products. Would love it if you could check out my latest lookbook where I’m celebrating the end of colder season!
    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love 

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hair is in need of rejuvenation at the moment, thanks for the handy post! xx

    Halcyon Velvet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really should check these out, my hair just doesn't grow at all!

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for all your comments! I read every single one of them :)

© AZTEC DOLL. All rights reserved.
Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig