Friday, 26 September 2014

The Haircare Pair

There's only 2 products I've been using recently to keep my hair in check: 

First is the Grow Gorgeous Cleansing Conditioner - yesss I have given up shampoo for good (well, for now!) and am relying on this to keep my hair squeaky clean. I'd read a lot about ditching the shampoo in favour of a cleansing conditioner so when my Ojon shampoo and conditioner ran out a couple of months ago I thought I'd give it a go. If you haven't heard of cleansing conditioners (where have you been?!) the idea is that you skip the shampoo and they cleanse and condition the hair in one easy step (woohoo, I'm such a lazy hair washer) and they promise not to dry out or strip the hair of essential oils in a way that they claim shampoo does. I've got to admit, it's a strange experience at first - no lather?! But it leaves my hair silky soft and is a great detangler which is a huge plus for my knotty hair. I'm quite heavy handed with the stuff but I really like to work it into my scalp and then through to the ends. I leave it on for a few minutes, wash out as you would a normal shampoo then voila! I must say though that I don't use any product in my hair apart from a spot of dry shampoo so I can't say how this would work for any product junkies out there to really clean the hair of product build up in a way that a shampoo would. For me though, it works :) Sorry shampoo: consider yourself dumped!

The second one is an old favourite, the original hair oil - Morrocanoil Treatment. I first started using the product years ago when there was all that hype about it, I hadn't even heard of hair oils or treatment before that. I absolutely loved it and went through 3 bottles of the stuff! By that time loads of other brands had bought out their own versions and I was convinced to try different oils and leave in treatments thinking I could get something better or cheaper with all the choice out there. I was wrong. Lots of not as nourishing leave-in conditioners and greasy hair oils down the line and I'm back using the best and am loving it more than ever. I use about 4 pumps of Morrocanoil Treatment and massage it into the ends of my hair when it's still damp after washing either before blow drying, otherwise I let my hair dry naturally. I use it on the ends of my hair when it's dry too, I just can't get enough :) My hair is so much more manageable after I've used this miracle product and it leaves it feeling stronger, shinier and just in overall better condition: goodbye split ends! The big selling point for me is that it doesn't leave my hair greasy in the slightest as some other hair oils have (tresemme, ojon, percy & reed...)
If you've never tried this cult product, I suggest you do!

Would you ever consider ditching the shampoo?
Which hair treatment do you swear by?

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Ooh, nice picks! I've never tried anything from Moroccanoil, but have definitely been tempted! Have an amazing weekend :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Moroccan Oil, it's such a miracle worker xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review, I will definitely have to try these out, great blog you have here by the ways, keep up the good work m'dear

    http://andreaantoniou.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeep! I don't think I'm brave enough to ditch shampoo just yet but I'm certainly intrigued. ;)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous that the Marrocan oil works for you - I tried it but didn't get on with it at all and it all went clumpy and solid - it was weird!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't use shampoo much at all now, I prefer to use baby powder day to day and then deep condition maybe once a week! Thanks for the product recommendations, the Moroccan oil looks great!

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for all your comments! I read every single one of them :)

© AZTEC DOLL. All rights reserved.
Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig