Friday, 15 August 2014

What to Wear to a Summer Wedding

dress: dahlia (old)
belt and shoes: next (old)
socks and head bow: topshop

Considering I'd never been to a wedding before, in the space of this past year I've been to 4 (including my own!) so seen as we're in the midst of wedding season I thought I'd do a post which will hopefully provide some inspiration as to what to wear as a guest at a Summer wedding :)

Above are some pics of the outfit I wore to a wedding in June. I ended up panic wearing this dress from Dahlia which I've had for years as there was a delay in the delivery of the outfit I'd planned to wear. Although I would've liked to have worn something new I thought it was a cute look for a wedding and the broderie anglais pop socks and oversized hair bow updated the outfit and made it more 'me' and the bow was a nice alternative to a traditional fascinator. 

Lemons and Limes
What to Wear to a Wedding - Lemon and Lime
coat, eyeshadow, dress and court shoes - all topshop
sandals: isme.com

I love this adorable lightweight coat for if it gets a bit chilly in the evening at an outdoor wedding or one where the reception is held in a marquee. You'd definitely stand out if you went for lime too!

Pink and Lilac
What to Wear to a Wedding - Pink, Lilac & Florals
bow and floral crown: crown & glory
lip tint: by terry
pink sandals: carvela
dress and lilac co-ord - all topshop
silver sandals: asos
floral top and matching skorts - both love label

A co-ord is a great alternative to a dress and bang on trend

Pretty Florals
What to Wear to a Wedding - Flowers
kimono: little white lies
klear klutchdresscoral sandals and floral headpice - all asos
necklace, sockswhite sandals and nail varnish - all topshop

You can't go wrong with classic summery florals :)


This is the outfit I wore to a wedding at the beginning of this month! Sorry the picture quality is so crap, I didn't take my camera so these are just from my phone/instagram. 
This is the outfit I wanted to wear previously but it was on back order for weeks. It was worth the wait though because I absolutely love it! I think the watercolour florals are perfect for a Summer wedding and the skorts/top style was sooooo comfy . . . and I didn't need to worry about flashing my undies if I fell over on the dancefloor (which definitely didn't happen by the way)
Also I was allowed to go through my mums gazillion hat boxes and pick out this perfect pink 'hatinator' - as my mum calls it - to match. Nice huh?

Would you wear any of these outfits to a wedding? Let me know your fave in the comments :)

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love yellows to weddings or anything pastel really as I feel they set off any outfit!

    running a week long giveaway on my blog, super quick to enter and its for some makeup products - enter now - http://shimzbeauty.com/quick-fix-giveaway-one-week-only/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration! I'm loving the stripes and the floral print on you- and that lemon dress is adorable :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lemon outfit is my favourite! You looked lovely, I really like your now Hairband in the first pictures!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I actually have a wedding soon so this is SO helpful! Love how you've styled all of these outfits, I especially love the floral one. You looked gorgeous!
    Lydia x
    www.LydiaRosexo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for all your comments! I read every single one of them :)

© AZTEC DOLL. All rights reserved.
Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig