Monday, 25 August 2014

Camomile Cleansing


Since cleansing balms and cleansing oils became so popular on the skincare scene they have completely changed the face of cleansing for me. They are such a quick and effective way of removing make-up and I just love the feel of using them - they just . . . work! The Body Shops offerings are no exception with their Camomile range becoming my go-to for cleansers recently.
I was previously using the Clinique cleansing balm which when I came to repurchase I was told by the counter assistant it had been discontinued (This must have been false information as I've seen it available to buy since). So the hunt for a replacement started . . .
I usually only use high end skincare so when I saw The Body Shops Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter and Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil crop up on blogs after their release last year I didn't consider giving them a try. However the hype that surrounded them must have stuck in my mind because when I found myself cleanser-less and on a budget at the beginning of this month I got myself a 35% off voucher online and purchased them both for under £15!
I use either one in the evening as my first cleanse - if I've been wearing heavy make-up I go in with a face wash afterwards. Both of them completely remove my mascara without stinging my eyes at all, however sometimes I prefer to remove my eye make-up with a micellar water first (currently Garnier) just because it can get messy having black smeared around my face and then onto my flannel but if I don't have time for that extra step I just go straight in with the balm or oil onto my dry made up face.
I use either a finger scoop full of the balm or about 4 pumps of the oil and massage the product into my face for a couple of minutes before removing with a damp flannel. I know some people prefer to use a muslin cloth to remove the balm and The Body Shop recommend rinsing the oil off rather than using a cloth but I personally like to use a flannel for either.
Both of these cleansers remove every last bit of makeup and I couldn't recommend them enough! I've heard a few people mention about oils/balms leaving a film like residue over the face after cleansing but I haven't experienced anything like that with either of these. My face is always left feeling perfectly clean and fresh. The main thing I love about cleansing balms and oils is they never strip the skin or leave your face dry, it's like they add more moisture back into the skin!
I don't have a preference between the two as they are quite similar and both just as effective as each other. I would say the advantage to the balm is it is less messy as it is a solid that only turns into an oil like formula when it is being massaged into the face whereas the oil comes out quite runny. However the advantage to the oil is you seem to get more product for your money and I can just tell by the amount of product I've used so far that the oil is going to last longer.

I'm so glad I gave high street skin care a chance as I really think these 2 products get the job done at a fraction of the price and it's a joy to massage them into my skin in the evening! Sooooo relaxing! Now I'm not saying using these has curbed my longing to try the Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm (just how luxurious does it look?!) but for a purse friendly option both these are spot on and I look forward to trying more from The Body Shop :)

Are you a fan of cleansing balms and oils?
What are your Body Shop favourites?


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I've been using the Cleansing Butter for the last couple months and so love it! Effective and affordable :) I'm also tempted by the Omorovicza! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh I want this.

    I am hosting a POLAROID CAMERA GIVEAWAY on my blog if you wanted to join :)

    www.kindoflovely.com || AUS Fashion/Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone is talking about these products! Must try it!

    New post on my blog it'll mean the world to me if you check it out :)
    http://mathildasbeautylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for all your comments! I read every single one of them :)

© AZTEC DOLL. All rights reserved.
Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig