Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Brand Obsession - Bobbi Brown


Sorry Zak, there's a new love in my life . . . Bobbi Brown. Hehe ;)
I must admit that before my current obsession started I had only ever bought one Bobbi Brown product, their Mineral Makeup (beats bareMinerals hands down in my opinion). However when it came to finding my perfect wedding makeup it was Bobbi that stood out amongst the rest.
It all started when I visited Selfridges in the hope of finding a flawless, medium to full coverage, photograph friendly base for my wedding day. I went armed with a list of foundations I particularly wanted to try . . . Nars Sheer Glow, Laura Mercier Silk Creme and Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk (basically all the one's that are seriously hyped up from other bloggers!) 

I ended up having a full on make over at about 4 different counters - it's amazing how eager the sales assistants are to do your makeup when you mention you're looking for products for your big day! I hadn't even considered a Bobbi Brown foundation to be honest as I hadn't really heard much about any of them, but I went enquiring about their popular correctors and concealers and ended up getting collared into having my full face done! I'm so glad I did though as the finished result was just what I was after :) Flawless, amazing coverage and glowing, but without looking fake or too made up (obviously I still wanted to look like me when I walked down the aisle!)

As much as I wanted to go mental and buy everything, I had a £100 budget for the day so initially I went for the 3 products which I felt had contributed most in giving me my new wedding worthy complexion - the Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation in 'porcelain', the Face Touch Up Stick also in 'porcelain' and the Vitamin Enriched Face Base. All these products work perfectly together to give such clear and luminous skin and I just love them all!

However, I couldn't quite create such as flawless a look as the make-up artist did in Selfridges and I convinced myself it was because I wasn't using the right tools, so about a month later I may have bought all the brushes (I definitely did, oopsy!) 
I got the Foundation Brush which I use to apply my base, the Full Coverage Face Brush which is great for buffing in my foundation for a really airbrushed finish (I also use this along with my mineral powder on a day to day basis) and the Concealer Brush which I use primarily for under the eye area and along with my touch up stick for use on the face. I wouldn't say the concealer brush is essential for the application to be honest but I just like to use it as it's more hygienic. I also bought the Bronzer Brush to go with my newly purchased Bronzing Powder (yes I needed that too) although I must mention my Nars Laguna bronzer is still my fave - sorry Bobbi Brown, you can't win 'em all! I got the shade 'golden light' and I just feel it's a tad too dark on me although hopefully it will work when I'm wearing fake tan again during the Summer.

Lastly I purchased the Sheer Finish Pressed Powder in the shade 'pale yellow' which is perfect used with the puff it comes with to set my makeup (I like to apply it wherever I've use concealer) for a long lasting finish.

So there we have it . . . I'm a Bobbi Brown convert. Obviously this is just quite a quick summary of everything but I could gush for pages about each of the different products and how wonderful they are :) but I'll save that for another day . . . 


Do you love Bobbi Brown just as much as me?
Which other products do I need to try from the brand?


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Bobbi Brown has lovely products! I've only tried them on their counter, but maybe one day I'll do some purchases!

    http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Glad you've found so many lovely products from this brand that work so well for you. I'm very tempted by that foundation!

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only ever tried one bobbi brown product but it was amazing!
    P.S I'm running a giveaway at the moment if you want to enter:) x
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah! bobbi brown is so stellar x
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for all your comments! I read every single one of them :)

© AZTEC DOLL. All rights reserved.
Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig