Thursday, 20 February 2014

Evening Skincare Routine

I recently posted my Morning Skincare Routine so check that out if you haven't already :) There is also lots of information on there about my skin in general . . . skin-type and problems I've had in the past etc if you're interested!
As a follow on from that here is my Evening skincare routine and the products I've been relying on for the past few months for an overnight pick-me-up.

Eye Make Up Remover: I've been using Simple Kind to Eyes Eye Make-Up Remover for as long as I can remember. I've always preferred to remove all my mascara/eye-shadow/eye liner etc, before tackling the rest of my face, I just find it less messy. This simple water removes everything effortlessly without any irritation whatsoever which I have found is a common problem for any product going near the eye area. I just saturate a cotton pad with this stuff, hold it over each eye for a few seconds and wipe away! A massive staple in my evening routine.

Cleanse: I purchased the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm at the end of September so I've given it a pretty good go, it can't have much more than a months left in it sadly. I massage it into my face every evening to remove my make up and give a thorough deep down cleanse. When I remove it (I like to use a flannel) my skin feels so clean and refreshed! This is actually the first cleansing balm I've tried despite the hype of others . . . (Emma Hardie anyone?) so I can't say how it compares, but I think it's a great cleansing balm to try on a budget (ish!)

Tone: I've tried the ever so famous Alpha-H Liquid Gold and it wasn't for me (no major issues but I just didn't see any benefits or even any changes in my skin) so I thought I would give the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner a go - a similar concept in the way that it aims to chemically exfoliate the skin and slough away dead skin cells. I absolutely loved this product at first, it feels as if it is really cleaning the skin as in I can feel it working, and it did help to brighten my skin. It all seemed so hopeful - however . . . I have been suffering from breakouts with continuous use and I'm convinced it's down to this product, and for that reason I've been backing off using it recently. I can see why people have got on with this product but I just feel like it is too much for my skin, whether it's too harsh or I'm disagreeing with an ingredient I just don't know. It's a shame as I love Clarins as a brand and normally their products are winners but I just don't trust this one. Maybe I should just steer away from chemical exfoliators! Although I can't help but want to try the Pixi Glow Tonic, another much raved about product which I doubt I'll be able to resist for much longer!

Serum: Love, love, love this product! After seeing Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair cropping up in every top magazines 'best beauty buy's' (and rightly so) I just had to see what all the fuss was about! I massage 4 drops of this wonder product into my skin each evening and look forward to waking up to fresh, luminous, clear skin :) I couldn't recommend this enough. I have a fairly normal skin type but I could see this suiting everyone from dry to oily skin as the consistency is just perfect - it leaves skin feeling moisturised yet it absorbs almost immediately and doesn't leave any of that annoying oily residue. It's as if you haven't even put it on yet you know its already down in your skin cells getting to work. haha. Definitely my top night time product at the moment.

Moisturise: I tend to alternate between 2 Origins goodies when it comes to my night time moisturiser. The Origins Night-A-Mins (I went for the oil-free version) is a lightweight gel which my skin just adores. I use this most nights and always wake up to silky smooth, supple skin. Also I have to mention the fruity smell which is just divine! 
If I'm after an extra moisture boost I will reach for the Origins Night Health Bedtime Face Cream. I only use this a couple of times a week as it is so rich but it's been ideal over the winter months to add some much needed moisture back into my skin. I wouldn't recommend using this every evening as it is so heavy it is verging on greasy. This isn't a problem for me as it has all soaked in to my skin come morning and my face thanks me for it - I like to think of it as an indulgent treat.

Do you use any of these products? What have your experiences been with exfoliating toners?

*also I don't currently have an evening eye cream but I'm on the lookout for one so send any recommendations my way please :) I'm using up a sample sized Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream which seems o.k but how can you even tell if an eye cream is working until years down the line?!*

SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I've read so many positive reviews of the Origins night cream that I simply have to get it next month :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post :) I always like to see other bloggers skincare routines to get an idea of what products I think would work for me. The serum sounds fab and so does the Origins night cream, it's a shame about the toner though as it did sound lovely! x

    Oh So Bridie | Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle
    You can also enter my giveaway here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely picks! I have been using the Estee Lauder ANR for a few months now, and while I low how light-weight and instantly brightening it is, it unfortunately hadn't done much else for my skin. I'm definitely tempted by that oil-free Night-A-Mins! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your blog. Following you :) Hope you'll visit and follow my blog as well!

    LUSCIOUS STYLE

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice routine! your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the products you have included in your night time skin routine. I'm still working on mine, the clarins toner is something I would love to get my hands on.
    http://makeupmonster77.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to invest in some skin care products!

    www.skinandroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. you've got a lovely blog!
    would you love to follow each other? we could follow via GFC or via email and also on another socials like twitter instagram or lookbook

    just let me know on my blog :)

    xoxo
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for all your comments! I read every single one of them :)

© AZTEC DOLL. All rights reserved.
Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig