Monday, 30 December 2013

What was in my You Beauty Advent Calendar


My boyfriend surprised me this year by treating me to the You Beauty advent calendar! It was so fun opening a door a day to reveal a miniature skincare product or make-up item - so much more exciting than chocolate or those boring picture ones! I thought I'd give a sneaky peek as to what was inside mine :)

So far I've been loving the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil which I've been using as a pre-cleanse each evening to take off my make-up, and the dr.organic Eye Rescue Rollerball which I've been reaching for as my wake up call as it is so cold and refreshing when used around the eye area.
I'm really looking forward to trying the Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask which looks so luxurious, but I'm saving it for a special occasion as the tube is tiny! Saying that, the full size 60ml tube costs £93 on the Space NK website so this sample works out at around £15!
I was really happy to see the Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation and Stila Lip Glaze in there as I've had my eye on them for a while.
I already own the Dr.Lipp Balm and it's been a lifesaver in the winter months so it's good to have a back up.
I think some of the bits are a bit . . . blah . . . the body spray and tweezers are nothing special although I will still make use of them, and the Bio Effect EGF Serum sample is so small it's a bit pointless really. Also I'm not one to get too excited about bath and shower products but I'm sure some people are and I suppose the whole point of this kind of thing is to try products you wouldn't normally, so who knows . . . I may find a hidden luxury! 
I love the idea of these types of calendars, they're so cute and a nice change from the traditional calendars, I'm already hoping for either the Benefit or Selfridge's one for next year, haha :)

If you like the look of the products in this calendar it is available to buy here at 50% off! Ok so you won't be able to use it to count down to Christmas but you still get to try some great products and great brands for an absolute steal!

Did any of you get a beauty style advent calendar this Christmas?

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Wow, so many luxurious, lovely goodies! I'm especially tempted by the DHC, Demalogical, Sisley, and Neom :) Happy New Year! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing, bet you had a blast opening a door a day! I think I may have to indulge in something similar next year, a lot of these products sound really useful :) x

    Oh So Bridie | Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post....what did you think of the SISLEY mask? i've tried other masks of theirs and loved them but not tried this one...

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow so many amazing products! I really regretted not snapping one of the beauty advent calendars up - they all look so fantastic. I think this was my favourite from the ones I saw! Would you purchase this one next year? Do you think it's worth it? xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for all your comments! I read every single one of them :)

© AZTEC DOLL. All rights reserved.
Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig