Thursday, 10 October 2013

Ways to Wear . . . a Tartan Skirt

Tartan skirt: glamorous at asos

British Girl In New York
t-shirt: present
boots and bag: topshop (bag-old)
belt: river island (old)
headband: claires (old)
necklace: ebay

I'm With The Band
jumper: minkpink
hat and boots: topshop (old)
necklace and rings: dixi

All Wrapped Up For Winter
coat: river island (old)
hat: topshop (last year)
creepers: underground

Tartan has to be the trend to rival all trends for A/W 13.  I have a couple of tartan shirts but I thought I would invest in a classic red tartan skirt. I have an amazing mustard yellow kilt style tartan skirt that I got from a vintage shop in Manchester years ago which I love but it's teeny tiny, I can't believe I actually used to fit into it! 
I spotted this one from Glamorous and I love the style and shape of it. The material is quite thin - I would prefer a woolen one but for the price I can't complain. It fits perfectly and I love it! It's such a versatile piece and works whether you'd rather style it punky or preppy. Who can forget the 'Clueless' style top-to-toe tartan look?! I like the final outfit that I've styled the most, I just love the colour palette, mixing reds and burgundy shades - and it is mega cosy too! :)

Do you own anything tartan? And how will you be styling it over the next few months?

SHARE:

15 comments

  1. LOVE the 'I'm all wrapped up for winter outfit' absolutely gorgeous and somehow tartan on tartan works really well! Great post :)

    Sofia X

    sofiaadot.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful! I am obsessing with tartan this Autumn and all these looks are gorgeous but I adore the second one, I love jumpers like this!

    elissex.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You pull off these looks so well, I especially love the second one. A jumper partnered with the skirt looks lovely :)

    - Bridie
    Oh So Bridie | Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and really like it. The jumper in the second look is gorgeous! xx

    opalwren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a sucker for plaid, so this is right up my alley! Loving it with the fuzzy black sweater especially :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love a bit of double tartan so the jacket combo is a winner for me! My fave AW trend. <3

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these kind of posts and my favorite was "I'm with the band" :)

    www.kristianavasarina.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, honey, I hope you like my blog- Fashion Gets Fierce.
    Lots of surprises have been prepared so like my official fan page on facebook: (https://www.facebook.com/fashiongetsfierce)
    And follow me on blogger and I promisse that you won't lose anything!

    With love,
    Inês de Castro

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the second one! <3 And I'm so into tartan too :)
    xx

    Mónica <3
    lookatmonica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love love love the second look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. those shoes from Topshop are so rad!
    and i love how you match them with the tartan skirt

    ReplyDelete
  12. These all make me wanna jump up right now and buy some tartan! So wish my budget wasn't at $4.50 :( oh well! Vintage and second hand shops, here I come! So glad I can sew lol. Anyway, very cute outfits, love it all, you pull it off real well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovee the 2nd one so much! great look!
    http://sarahlikesfashion.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for all your comments! I read every single one of them :)

© AZTEC DOLL. All rights reserved.
Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig