Thursday, 12 September 2013

Rainbow Socks and Unicorn Clutch Bag

t-shirt: my boyf's
dungarees: topshop (now on sale!)
jelly shoes: juju
socks: harrogate knit and stitch show (old!)
sunglasses: dixi (sold out)

I'm so in love with my unicorn clutch bag! I saw it over on Helenas blog (she's styling it amazingly f.y.i) and just knew I had to have it! I know it's verging on tacky but it's just so whimsical and fun and it's not like it broke the bank! The zip is a little tail too, how cute?! I've been on a constant look out for any holographic fashion items ever since the mini-trend first arose but I've not been able to find too much on the high street. Some that I have found have been so expensive too which is quite risky with this kind of trend as it's probably going to look ridiculous next season if you know what I mean? 'Holographic' is not exactly a staple or a must-have such as leather would be or monochrome!
This will probably be my last outfit post this year where I'm  bare legged/wearing jelly shoes/not wearing a coat! I wore this last Thursday when we had a couple of randomly sunny days but since then it's taken a turn for cold, dull Autumn whether. Boo! I've always preferred dressing for Summer - probably because it's easier just to think about wearing one item of clothing rather than what layers go with what! Huge coats over my outfits always make me feel really frumpy too, plus I always wear skirts and dresses which aren't always as easy to style when it's chilly as you have to match them to some woolly tights etc . . . I don't think I've ever worn trousers or jeans on this blog. I never wear them! I don't think I've ever worn a pair of actual trousers just because I've always thought they'd make my legs look extra short. Some people pull them off so well but they're just not for me. I used to be obsessed with skinny jeans when Kate Moss first wore them, and when the world went crazy for them so did I! I must have bought over 10 pairs . . . black, blue, light grey, dark grey, bluey-grey, white, yellow (yes yellow!) That was ages ago though and I haven't worn any of them for years. Looking back they weren't actually that comfy!
One thing that would definitely end my trousers/jeans drought would be a pair of Mom Jeans! I love the style of them and I can think of loads of different ways I could style them although I'm not even sure they'd suit me?!  I desperately want a pair so hopefully I can get some soon and sport them over A/W!

Oh darn, I just remembered I do own a pair of disco pants and I have worn them this year - but do these count as trousers? I don't know, they're a weird one, more leggings I'd say . . . 

SHARE:

29 comments

  1. That clutch is INCREDIBLE!! Just discovered your blog it's fab!!

    www.makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the cluth and you pairing the rainbow socks with the jelly shoes! <3

    littlelovepeanut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the cluth and you pairing the rainbow socks with the jelly shoes! <3

    littlelovepeanut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg just found your blog and I'm obsessed!! love your style girly (:

    http://thegirlwithone-eye.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That clutch is amazing and your style is so funky - love it! :)

    Bridie
    Oh So Bridie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That clutch is amazing! And the jelly shoes! Your style is very cool! :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaaah that bag is amazing! love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh how cute! I love that we're unicorn twins today haha.

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. the unicorn bag is just sooo awesome. i think i never fell in love with a fashion piece so quickly. haha.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one cool pair of socks and bag.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the shoes !

    http://fruityandpassion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bagggggggggggggggggggggg! It's amazing, oh my gosh I need it! You look FAB! xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was very nice! i especially love the socks!

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the unicorn clutch, never seen one like it before! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a super cute outfit! Love the unicorn clutch and the double fishtail braids are so pretty :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, love your look, especially liked the shoes and socks <3
    I love your blog, turned reader and follower haha
    I have a blog too, if you can visit and then I'll be very happy. Kisses.
    http://untillnomore.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO QUIRKY AND UNIQUE! <3 LOVE IT! <3






    http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/
    https://www.facebook.com/StyleSquaredByZM

    ReplyDelete
  18. The unicorn bag is gorgeous!!

    http://bohobun.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love gelly shoes x

    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    Nars giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  20. loving that purse!!! x
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. That bag is so so cute! You pull of this kind of quirky look so well!

    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for your lovely comment on the ole blog. Loving your jelly shoes and rainbow socks, they make the perfect combo (plus, they look super cosy) and the unicorn clutch is just awesome! Ah if only it were real... :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post
    on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you

    flights to jeddah | umrah packages
    | cheap flight to jeddah | cheap umrah packages

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh my gosh?!! Jelly shoes!metallic!Unicorn and funky socks?!! Im in love <3 :D I love unicorns and cute funky socks.I think cute socks should always be on show,just another accessorie to add to all the others,if there cute have them on show,and they look gorge with those jelly shoes!!!
    I love this post,thanks for the style inspiration and your lovely comment x :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. AWESOMENESS. That horse purse, badass.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey there, loved your blog, just followed you on GFC, (109) would you mind to follow back?

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    MandySharesLife FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for all your comments! I read every single one of them :)

© AZTEC DOLL. All rights reserved.
Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig