Wednesday, 28 August 2013

The Autumn Face - Berry Lips

Face Of The Day

The perfect look for Autumn - pale skin and dark berry lips.
(I know it's technically still Summer but Autumn is creeping up on us so it's best to be prepared!)

Firstly I primed my face using Clarins Instant Smooth Self Tanning which I'm using practically everyday at the moment. I don't find it leaves the skin particularly tanned but it does give my skin a fresh glow. I can see me using this all year round as it feels so comfortable on the skin and just smooths everything out. For my base I wanted a bit more coverage than my usual CC Cream so I dug out my Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation which is perfect for giving a really flawless finish but still provides a natural and  luminous glow to the skin. This product got forgotten about for a while but I'm so glad I rediscovered it is such a great foundation. 
I used my current go-to concealing duo of Benefit Boi-ing and YSL Touche Eclat to cover dark circles and blemishes. I didn't want my makeup to be too girly so I chose to skip my usual pink blusher (a rare occasion) and opted to to do a bit of contouring for a stronger and more defined look. I applied the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder beneath my cheekbones in the hollows of my cheeks (still getting the hang of this product!) and then the Benefit High Beam on top of my cheekbones to really highlight them and give my face a bit more dimension.
I really wanted my lips to be the focus of the look so a couple of coats of Clinique High Impaact Extra Volume Mascara was all I needed to define my eyes without them taking the limelight. I decided to go for darker lips now that Summer is coming to an end and the Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in '107' is a gorgeous deep berry shade. I love the formula of this - I definitely prefer a matte lip but I find some have a chalky finish and are really drying whereas this still keeps my lips hydrated and looking super healthy. 
Voila, my Autumn face is complete!

Will you be making any changes to your makeup now that Autumn is approaching?

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I love that Rimmel lipstick!! Can't wait to dig it out of my stash now that Autumn is on its way :D it looks great on you especially contrasting with your hair, the colour really pops :D

    Holly Mixtures


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Rimmel lipstick!! Can't wait to dig it out of my stash now that Autumn is on its way :D it looks great on you especially contrasting with your hair, the colour really pops :D

    Holly Mixtures


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love your FOTD! Especially the dark lips, I will have to look for that shade next time I'm at the drugstore because I really want to experiment with more color in my looks. I really like your blog, I'm following you now on gfc and bloglovin, check out my blog and if you like it follow me too. Lets keep in touch :)

    xoxo

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, this lip colour is stunning on you! Dramatic, but wearable, and really brings out your eyes. Berry lips are one of my favourite looks for Fall and you wear it so well! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so beautiful! love this lip colour on you x

    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your skin is FLAWLESS! Love the lip colour!

    http://kumbear-xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is my all time fav lipstick, smells amazing too, love this look!

    fashioncult
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for all your comments! I read every single one of them :)

© AZTEC DOLL. All rights reserved.
Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig