Sunday, 4 August 2013

Holiday Style Diary: Tunic Dress and Holiday Makeup

Outfit of the Day
dress: motel *now in the sale* (dam it!)
sandals: topshop (plain black not on website)
necklace: present

Possibly the simplest outfit ever but in the heat and humidity you obviously can't be piling on loads of layers
I had to really cut out wearing much jewellery aswell as I just found it so annoying when I was all sticky and covered in suncream and mosquito repellent. nice. ha
This tunic/ dress was ideal just to chuck on in the evening because the material is so lightweight and it is soooo comfy (really can't be doing with anything clingy in hot weather, no no - bodycon is not my friend)

Face of the Day

I actually didn't wear any make up during the day whilst I was on holiday (just piled on the SPF) but I did put in a bit more effort in the evening so here is one of my favourite holiday make up looks!
I opted for my go-to base at the moment which is Clarins Instant Smooth Self Tanning - great for a hint of subtle colour and stops your make up sliding of in the heat - and Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream which although I wear all the time is perfect for a holiday as it is lightweight, moisturising and contains SPF30. I apply it using my buffing brush from the Real Techniques Core Collection.
I used Benefit Boi-ing Concealer to cover any redness and my trusty YSL Touche Eclat to brighten under my eyes. I've started using my Real Techniques detailer brush to apply both of these. I used to use my fingers but I really enjoy using the brush now as it's very precise and is probably more hygenic!
Benefit Fine-one-one is a handy product to use when I'm in a rush as I just swipe it across my cheeks and blend it in a little using my finger as it provides a flush of colour, highlights and contours all in one go, and nobody wants to spend ages getting ready on holiday right?
For my eyes I prepped my lids using the the only eye primer I can see me using for a long time, Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. Wouldn't usually attempt to wear eyeshadow on a sunny holiday but there's no worry of it running or smudging with this great product. To create the smokey look I applied Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in 'Immortal Charcoal' across the whole lid blending it out around the edges with my Topshop Eyeshadow Brush so's it wasn't too harsh. I love this eyeshadow to create a really quick smokey eye, it takes about 3 minutes! I put a couple of coats of Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara on my lashes too - i'm nearly coming to the end of the tube sadly as it's a really good all-round mascara.
To finish of my look I slicked on L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick in 'Dating Coral'. I was constantly reaching for the Rouge Caresses while I was away because I wanted to keep my lips moisturised yet still have some kind of colour although nothing too much, so these are perfect for that. I didn't either bother taking any lipsticks with me as I knew I'd end up using something more sheer and comfortable on the lips.

What are your essential products for holiday makeup?

Peace Out! :D

SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I love this dress! these photos are amazing!

    www.studdedkisses.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. really great! maybe can we follow each other?let me know <3 http://exality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love the pattern of that dress :)

    heyniki.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your dress! I always get stuff on Motel then it goes in the sale... Ugh! Hate it when that happens!
    Lydia Rose
    www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh this dress is cute!


    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a simple but pretty outfit! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love those sandals!

    mollyrosecleaver.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple is best when on holiday! nothing worse than sitting in a really dressy outfit with massive heels on in the heat! You look lovely
    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect summery makeup look! I really need to try the Clinique CC Cream. You look lovely :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot live without pressed powder, currently I am loving essence's all about matt!

    Btw, I am in looove with your sandals! They are way too cute and look super comfy :)

    http://galaxyrebel13.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this outfit on you! So simple and looks like it would be nice and cool in the heat :D
    Shame it's now in the sale - dam it indeed!!

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love this look! the dress is so cool! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want a pair of flatforms like this but slightly less strapping, it's mission impossible though, I can't find any anywhere! :(

    Sara - Pretty In Pink

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for all your comments! I read every single one of them :)

© AZTEC DOLL. All rights reserved.
Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig