Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Mint and Metallics

Outfit of the Day
skirt: asos (sale)
t-shirt: topman (the boyfs)
necklace and boots: topshop
bag: zatchels

Face of the Day

I have been using Clarins Instant Smooth Self Tanning as my primer of choice for the past month or so and have found it an absolute dream to use - it glides on so smoothly and the tanning element gives my skin such a beautiful glow which is perfect for Summer, not to mention my make up really does last when I use this. Clarins really can do no wrong in my eyes at the moment.
I've switched from foundation to a lighter base for the Summer months and have been loving the Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream, (full review HERE) it feels so light on the skin and looks natural without compromising on coverage. I use 'very light' (the lightest shade) which is perfect for us pale girls and the SPF 30 is more than welcome with all the sun we've been getting recently.
I used a dab of YSL Touche Eclat under my eyes and Benefit Boi-ing Concealer on a few imperfections before reaching for a new addition to my make up bag, the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder. I've wanted this for so long as I fancy trying my hand at a bit of contouring. I think it's going to take a bit of practice as I was playing with this for about half an hour today before I managed to create anything near a chiseled look - give me a few weeks and I will report back! Luckily I had my trusty highlighter Benefit High Beam on hand which I apply along my cheekbones and up onto my temples. I've been using this for years and it's the best! It's not at all glittery and it just blends flawlessly onto the skin to give a fresh, dewy glow. 
I then applied a light dusting of nars 'laguna' bronzing powder across my forehead, chin and down my nose in an attempt to make my face match my body as I put a teeny bit of fake tan on last night!
Before applying my eyeshadow I prepped my eyelids using Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base which does exactly what it says on the tin - if your looking for something to keep your eyeshadow from sliding off in this heat then this is ideal. No matter how hot it is, how much you sweat etc your eye makeup will not budge - really handy little product! I'm wearing Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in 'On and On Bronze' which is surprisingly wearable for daytime despite the shimmery finish. I  completed my eyes with a slick of Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara which really does live up to the blogger hype in my opinion.
Finally I added a pop of colour with this bubble gum pink Topshop Lip Crayon in 'Clueless' which is one of my favourites at the moment, so cute and girly :)

Which makeup products are you loving for Summer?

SHARE:

11 comments

  1. super love ur skirt and lipstick color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i love this post like beyond belief. you look so stunning, the photos are beautiful and i have total outfit envy! that skirt and those shoes, oh my <3

    http://hystericalhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit!! Your hair looks gorgeous too!!

    Please check out my blog if you get the chance!

    Carmen
    xxx


    http://fashionalter-ego.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your lipstick! I bought a similar colour recently, it's SO bright! I really love your bag, too.
    xx

    www.sarah-nunn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That zatchel is the cutest!!

    Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a killer outfit! Love the mixture of white and metallics. And your makeup is amazing! That lip colour is so vivid and perfect for summer :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely outfit, especially love the satchel and the necklace <3

    londonandcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm itching to try the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder! Xx

    Olivia - cravemorebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous outfit, those boots are perfect! Your make up is fab as well <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the look, the skirt is made if such an amazing material, love it !
    xx ish
    tiny-heart-beats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shoes!!! Gorg!!!

    www.crystaltipsrandomblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for all your comments! I read every single one of them :)

© AZTEC DOLL. All rights reserved.
Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig