Friday, 14 June 2013

Review: Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream


I just had to post a review on this amazing product! The Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream is the only base product I've been using for the past month and a half and I can't rave about it enough. 
I have previously used the Clinique Face Spray from the Moisture Surge range and didn't think much of it to be honest but after reading Kates review of this little gem it sounded like something which would suit my skin and I was on the lookout for a new base anyway after running out of my all time favourite foundation (Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow) so I went ahead and bought it with my birthday money. A decision I would not regret!
The main things I look for in a base product is natural looking yet effective coverage and reasonable staying power and although I have found these qualities in a foundation, I longed for something with that little bit extra in terms of skincare so I wouldn't feel guilty about putting it on my skin everyday.
 Any tinted moisturisers, mineral powder foundations or bb creams I have tried which boast added skincare benefits just haven't made the cut in terms of coverage.
Cue the Clinique CC Cream (colour correcting cream) which moisturises the skin and protects it with spf30 whilst providing the most lightweight yet flawless coverage. 
I have honestly found it on a par with my favourite foundations in terms of coverage - it covers any redness effortlessly and just really evens out my skin-tone creating a blank canvas for the rest of my make-up.
I am fairly happy with my skin at the moment (thanks to my new Clarins products) but I do have quite a lot of post blemish scarring I wish to cover and this does the job brilliantly.
If you want to see this product on my skin I am wearing it in all of my outfit posts from the past month or so take a look at some of the close up shots to see how well it covers imperfections as I am only wearing this CC Cream - I don't need to use any extra foundation or powder over it, although you may want to use a touch of powder if you have particularly oily skin. I find I only need a bit of concealer for the dark circles under my eyes.
I would say the CC Cream provides an almost matte finish but with a glow to it. I do tend to steer towards the dewy look normally but sometimes you can end up looking a bit too dewy (sweaty . . . shiny . . .) and I think this is the perfect inbetween - radiant and healthy with any oil kept at bay.
It says on the Clinique website the CC Cream can be used alone or as a base for foundation but I think this definitely provides enough coverage on it's own to be used in place of a foundation. You could always use a dab of concealer to cover any spots or redness if you feel you need a bit extra.
I use the lightest shade 'very light' which is the perfect match for my pale skin as it's just so natural and not at all orangey - perfect for everyday to achieve that 'no make-up' make-up look. 
I was pleasently suprised that the CC Cream has quite a thick, creamy texture as I hate those products that come out really watery as I find it so hard to apply an even layer.
One thing will say is although it doesn't mention whether or not to use a primer aswell, I found that the CC Cream stays flawless for a lot longer when I do use a primer underneath so I personally try not to skip this step (unless I'm in a rush!) When I have applied it straight onto bare skin I have found it looks slightly patchy/worn away after a long day at work whereas when I have applied it over a primer (currently Clarins Instant Smooth Self Tanning) the CC Cream still looks flawless at the end of a 10 hour shift. In fact, I'm convinced my skin looks better throughout the day!
Also I would advise anyone with a dry skin-type to still use a moisturiser before using the CC Cream as although it is more moisturising than the average foundation I don't think it is enough to replace your usual moisturiser. If I've got time in the morning I prefer to use a moisturiser beforehand.
have tried applying this with my fingers and and a brush and I have found I get the best finish by buffing the cream on using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I swear by this brush for an even, natural finish - I find I only need to use about a 5 pence sized blob of the CC Cream for my entire face and it takes about 2 minutes buffing time in the mornings and I'm good to go!
Overall I am loving this product at the moment, it is ideal for my combination skin as it keeps my skin hydrated throughout the day whilst giving me a healthy glow and covering all imperfections. I would highly recommend this if you're looking for a semi-matte medium coverage base that doesn't skimp on moisturising and protecting the skin. It's a winner!

Have you ever tried a CC Cream?
Or will you be sticking with foundation as your base of choice?

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I was skeptical about this product but it sounds like a winner!

    Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very
    well written article. I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely comeback.



    http://genwiki.nl/zdholland/index.php?title=Gebruiker:Traci62R

    Feel free to surf to my website :: skin care cream

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried a CC Cream yet but this looks really good, I'm tempted to try it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awesome, I love that it has spf 30!

    Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, this sounds so lovely! The coverage sounds perfect and I like that it leans towards a matte finish. So many TMs and BB/CC Creams are quite dewy, which my oily skin doesn't like. Will have to check this out! Glad you're loving it :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for all your comments! I read every single one of them :)

© AZTEC DOLL. All rights reserved.
Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig