Saturday, 16 February 2013

My Face Masks


My blog so far has mainly focused on fashion but the truth is I'm just as obsessed with make-up and skincare products as I am with clothes so I thought I would introduce a bit more of this type of thing into my blog!
I love using face masks once or twice a week just to refresh my skin and give it a really deep cleanse and here are the 3 that I've been using for the last few months! I'm sure you will have heard of all of them as they have been reviewed to death across the blogosphere (my boyfriend told me never to use that term again but hey) but I'm sure one more review won't do any harm . . .

1) origins drink up intensive overnight mask - This is quite different to your average face mask as you leave it on your skin overnight to let it soak in rather than wiping it off after 10 minutes or so. This is designed for dehydrated skin and although my skin isn't particularly dry or dehydrated (my skin is normal but I do get breakouts and the odd dry patch when it's cold) I find that when I wake up after using this my skin looks so plump and smooth! I use this once a week after exfoliating which I find helps it to sink in really quickly and it doesn't leave any of that annoying greasy residue. You could use this more than once a week if you felt your skin was lacking moisture but I feel once a week is enough for me for an intense moisture boost. I don't use any serum or anything with this, literally I just cleanse and then layer this on. This may be too rich for some skins so bear in mind it is like a fairly thick moisturiser but I've not experienced any negative side effects such as spots or oiliness - thumbs up!

2) ren glycolactic radiance renewal mask - I expected this to be amazing after all the positive reviews about it on other blogs and I think I'm in the minority here by saying I'm not a fan! It's not that there's anything really bad about this mask but for me it has just done absolutely nothing! I bought this mainly as it claims to brighten and add radiance to skin and I was hoping it would give my skin more of a glow, even out my skin tone and fade some red marks on my face, but after using this mask once a week for months now, I can say it has not made the slightest bit of difference to my skin. I will use the rest of it so that it doesn't go to waste and I may aswell on the off chance that I have a miraculous change of heart but if that doesn't happen I won't be repurchasing.

3) origins out of trouble mask - Back to a positive review now as this is my favourite mask of all! This mask is just an absolute lifesaver for spots so would be ideal for problem skin. If I have a breakout this is what I use to calm down my skin and reduce any redness. As it is a clay mask it is amazing at working deep down to really get rid of impurities, dry out spots and soak up oiliness. My skin isn't particularly oily but it does make your skin really matte - although not drying - so would be a great choice for someone with an oily skin type. I mainly use this to clear my skin up if I'm having a bad skin day otherwise I'll just use it once a week as kind of a deep cleansing ritual!

These are the only masks I'm using at the moment and I'm going to use these up before I purchase anything else otherwise I'll just go face mask crazy but I've heard good things about the origins clear improvement mask (its origins, it bound to be good) the nude miracle mask and the elemis papaya enzyme peel so may try these ones in the future! If anyone has any of these please let me know if they have worked for you and if they are worth the money!

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Lovely blog :) What do you think about following each other? Let me know:

    allaboutjoann.blogspot.com

    -JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love face masks. I never find ones that really work well with my skin though. NIce post :)

    ♥ Anusha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the Origins masks sound amazing! I've heard such great things about the Drink Up mask- I have acne-prone skin as well, but I think it's important to keep skin hydrated regardless, so this sounds like a nice treat, especially for winter! Thanks for sharing :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have these three too and I love them! I have the origins clear improvement and the elemis papaya peel and they're both great, want to try the nude mask too!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all sound amazing i will have to try them!

    http://dotofdaisy.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!

    You have a lovely blog, i'm a new follower :)

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The origins mask sounds great! Great review and good quality picture. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both Origins and Ren - though i'm sad to see Ren didn't hold out so well! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really wanted to try something from ren because of all the hype, maybe I should steer clear!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Origins!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great reviews! Thanks for sharing, I love masks :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for all your comments! I read every single one of them :)

© AZTEC DOLL. All rights reserved.
Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig